Win Red Dust or Blue Skies by Fleur McDonald

Fleur McDonald has kindly offered The Australian Literature Review a copy each of her novels Red Dust and Blue Skies.

You could win Red Dust or Blue Skies by picking a favourite part of Fleur’s interview with The Australian Literature Review and leaving a comment on this post explaining why you like that part. This can be anything from a sentence to multiple paragraphs, as long you pick something you like from Fleur’s interview and explain why.

Entry is open over the weekend and two winners (one for each book) will be informed Monday morning.

***
More on Fleur McDonald and her writing can be found at www.fleurmcdonald.com.
***

Red DustBlue Skies

***

The Australian Literature Review
www.auslit.net

This entry was posted in fleur mcdonald and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Win Red Dust or Blue Skies by Fleur McDonald

1. jennifer says:

What is the most important piece of advice you would like to give to new writers?
    Don’t give up. Read. Write, Edit. Just because your MS isn’t wanted today, doesn’t mean it wont be wanted tomorrow. Keep trying.

This gives not only me but other budding aussie writers out there hope to get published. The process is so long and tardy and sometimes so much effort can be put in, and just when we feel like giving up, something can occur that can change your life forever. Loved her answer, “keep trying”

2. Bron says:

“I wouldn’t function too well in a town”

Understand this completely. Nothing quite like walking outside and seeing nothing but trees and cows and flocks of cockatoos. Much better view than houses, roads and cars. There are too many people in town lol, sometimes you even have to be polite, and thats just hard work. Cows don’t care if you’re rude lol.

3. Teresa says:

I find it truly amazing that Fleur never gave up through the process, and after being rejected, but went as far as going against the rules and instead re-edited her story, to where she hit success. She has great motivation and because of that, ended up doing what she loved.

4. Emmlee says:

I like the description of the difficulties she had writing Blue Skies and how she worked it all out in the end. Some very useful information there for budding writers.

5. Angela says:

I like how she mentioned the difficulties she faced because doing things in life definitely have many challenges. Her challenges are probably what drives her to try even harder and I’m glad in the end that she found success. I have been motivated by her words.

6. Christine Barter says:

I never actually decided to write professionally, it just happened.
    The best things are always the onces that occur spontaneously or accidentally….
    My motivation is still to write books that I would like to read.
    What a practical, down to earth attitude. This lady I would like.

7. Vicki Stobbs says:

I also write about “what” I live- the land, the animals, flora and fauna……Fleur writes with such emotion and love of the beauty and hardship around her that the reader is drawn into the book with the characters, and this is why I love to read her stories.

8. roger says:

“I never actually decided to write professionally, it just happened.” This reflects that in life, nobody actually knows what is going to happen and even people that have been so successful didn’t know they would be before when they were normal citizens, just like us!

9. angela says:

so who ended up winning? Well done everyone!

• auslit says:

The winners were Emmlee and Christine.
      Thanks for entering, Angela (and everyone else).
      Hope you all had fun reading Fleur’s interview, and you can still enter to win the first book in Rowena Cory Daniells’s King Rolen’s Kin fantasy trilogy. 🙂